Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stuff ...

The Mothers Group I belong to is having a Yard Sale next week so myself and the kids did a big clean up to see what things we could sell. Laith thought this was a great idea when i explained the concept of selling things we don't use anymore so we save some money, give some money to others who are less fortunate and also we can buy things we need ... he pondered for a moment and then said ... like Planet Protectors? (they are world saving figures from ELC). hmm yes, but did you also hear the bit about saving and giving honey?

Hours later and feeling a little "lighter" without all the added "stuff" in the bedrooms we came up with this! I truly felt sick when I saw this pile.
Now shamefully I have to say that since taking this photo we have added more and of course that does not include the bigger items like pram, car seat, bassinet, swing etc. Even if we have another baby in the future (ok don't start rushing me emails i said IF) we still have everything we need and this is all extra.

Over the past few months I have been giving some serious thought about the way we live our lives, how our children are learning, the amount of "plastic" things we have (and don't need) that in the long run are harmful to the environment, and what direction I would like to see us take to improve on the past and educate our children better.

So fingers crossed we can sell lots at the sale. We will also be donating a lot to Dar Al Atta who do wonderful community service here in Oman. This exercise will also be a learning point for Laith as with his "share" of the money he will be able to get 1 Planet Protector and also give some of his money to those less fortunate.

we learn a little more each day don't we
xxxx
Clo

No comments:

Post a Comment