Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kids and Cooking

Sometimes it is hard to cook and keep the kids entertained at the same time. Yesterday we had one of those afternoons when it just clicked - ah bliss.I was looking for some things to make with my big bag of sweet potato and a bag of corn that we picked up from the roadside veggie man on Thursday. So I made some sweet potato and corn chowder which was a big hit with the kids (probably because I did not mention the word soup!) and plenty left over for the freezer. And for a healthy snack I did some sweet potato chips in the microwave (i got the idea of this gals blog ). I used a few different seasonings and Ali had them with a ricotta and roasted tomato / onion and garlic dip, yummo and a success, you have to love it when that happens.
The kids were happy to play with their playdough and "cook" me some things while Sami looked on. On Thursday we had a very big roast up of all the veggies in the crisper and have had some lovely sandwiches and pasta since. I wish I had thought to do this sooner. I saw the other veggie man has crates of tomatoes yesterday so I was thinking I would do a big batch but I need to find out how long they would last in the fridge.

that all for now ....

No comments:

Post a Comment