Sunday, February 17, 2008

Our Bit for the Environment

I was very happy that Lujayne's nursery sent a letter home to the parents asking them to recycle some things back to the school so they can use them for arts and crafts. I had talked to the director a while ago about doing this as I had started bringing in our empty cereal boxes, egg cartons, toilet roll cardboard inners etc. We keep some for our A&C at home but we have so much left over and I hate throwing them out knowing how much fun the kids can have with them and the endless amount of thing you can make. So hip-hip-hooray another small victory for Mother Earth!
This is Lulu's Recycle Bag that we are going to now leave in the kitchen so we have somewhere to put recyclable goods during the week and then once a week she can bring the bag to school. In hindsight it is a little small for the big egg trays we have but I was thinking more of Lulu at the time rather than the items (silly ol me).

Today I also finished one of the four embroidered blankets I have been working on for a well over due order. I will try and push on tonight to get more done. I would put a photo up but it is a gift for someone and while I know very well she won't be looking at my blog I would hate to spoil the surprise.

The weather here is starting to warm up a little. I am currently walking to the kids schools (they are next door to each other) to pick them up and then pushing them home in the double pram but I have to tell you today I was a little sweaty by the time we got home. It is anticipated the car will be another month so that should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment