Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Day

 

The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.  ~Author Unknown

The teachers at my children's school are fabulous and when I saw the quote above I immediately thought of them.

Today we celebrated “Teacher Appreciation Week” in Sami and Lulu’s class. You might recall on Saturday I was in the classrooms assisting the children with making the teachers a thank you gift.  Today they presented their gifts to the teachers and we had a little morning tea for each class.

The aprons turned out great and you can not help but smile when you see all those cute handprints. This will be a nice keepsake for the teachers of this years class.

Here is Sami’s wonderful teachers …

IMG_8893

Ms. Muna, Ms. Nancy and Ms. Alison.

And here are Lujayne’s fantastic teachers …

IMG_8922

Ms. Khazina, Ms. Gita, Ms. Van and Ms. Julie.

These gals are the best!

Laith gave his teacher Ms. Haynes a lovely tea cup / steeper and some green tea. She is a lovely teacher who has shown a great deal of care and compassion for Laith this year and I am very grateful for all that she does for him and the class.

How lucky am I to have kids teachers that I like, respect and admire!

Now I will leave you with a quote that also caught my eye …

There are three good reasons to be a teacher - June, July, and August.  ~Author Unknown

Thanks for stopping by …

1 comment:

  1. I love the aprons! So colourful and the handprints hint the love and affection they were done with...

    ReplyDelete