Saturday, May 07, 2011

Great start to the Week

May is a very busy month at school. Today I was helping with both Sami and Lulu’s classes doing the kids handprints on some aprons we are giving the teachers for Teacher Appreciation week.

IMG_8817

It was lots of fun and interesting to see kids picking what colour they wanted and I was so happy that two boys chose pink it as it is so sad when they cave into stereotyping of colours isn’t it.

IMG_8825

(only Lulu could lean on a table while doing a handprint LOL)

I have yet to finish the pockets and some of the straps but I should be able to get that done tomorrow.

IMG_8829

The fabric paint was great and very affordable from Al Alwan next to Busy Bees. This would make a nice activity to do with the kids using tea towels for Christmas gifts etc.

Tonight Ali took Sami and Laith for a haircut so Lulu and I got some rare girl time (well with Eyad too of course) and as Lulu is learning lots of rhyming words at the moment we chose to play Slug in a Jug, such a great game by Orchard Toys.

IMG_0047

My friend Judy in Australia got me onto this company a while ago and I am hooked! We also love the Shopping List and the Bus Stop game. Oh dear just looking at the site to get the links I have seen so many new games … close the page Clo, close it now Winking smile.

Oh and I forgot to add yesterday that the “chess battle” is still raging on a Friday here. They are funny to watch and very vocal, lol, I thought chess was supposed to be a quiet game?

IMG_0044

Thanks for stopping by …

1 comment: