Laith turns 8 on July 2nd, I still can not believe it! Because it is during the summer holidays basically all of his friends will have gone overseas home for the holidays so this year we are bringing his party forward to allow him to have a “proper” party with his friends.
On June 2nd we will be hosting a Star Wars themed party. The invitations have already gone out and I am now madly trying to do all the wonderful things that I promised my son (yes, I got a bit excited in the planning stage with him!).
Today I got Lulu and Sami to “help” me in making the first stage of the piñata.
Hopefully when it is completed it will look like a Death Star. A what? you say …
It is a moonlike battle station from Star Wars.
This baby took three batches of paper mache glue and I have my fingers crossed it will set nicely overnight. Here is the recipe I used.
1 part flour to 4.5 part water. Mix and then bring to boil. Allow to cool and add some cinnamon to take away the glue smell. Dip paper in and cover your object.
Lulu and Sami tired very quickly of putting the paper on their balloons. Sami thought it was too messy and Lulu thought it took too long to cover the balloon, lol. In fact I finished hers off just so she could see the effect when it dries. Then they looked at me and said “we want to go outside and blow bubbles” before I could say “sure” they were tearing out the house bubbles in hand squealing with laughter!
Here are our balloons at the end of todays efforts.
It needs another 3 or 4 layers once it is completely dry and then some grey paint, the dimple cut out and reversed and then off course stuffed full of goodies.
Now I have the tunics, asteroids, and bags to get done . May the force be with me my friends, may the force be with me!
Bit of trivia, did you know that Master Yoda is well into his 800’s! Got to get me some of that face cream I think.
Thanks for stopping by …
I will be following your progress! Turner has expressed interest in a Star Wars party for his 5th birthday! Can't wait to see it all come together.
ReplyDeleteA death star pinata!! What an awesome Mum you are :D
ReplyDelete