Our little friend Lola is going into hospital tomorrow to have her tonsils removed. Poor little one they have really given her a lot grief over the past year or so.
I know hospitals can seem like big scary places (I remember hating the hospital when I was a child and was admitted for a short time) so I thought a little pillow that she could cuddle and rest with might help her feel more “at home” for her stay.
No pattern. Just dove into my stash and got out a “layer cake” (10” precut squares) of Me and My Sisters Butterfly Fling fabric. I love the colours, so girly. I started this when I got home from the school drop off and was finished by the pick up even with the little fella with me so that will tell you that it wasn’t exactly rocket science.
Now a normal person would have measured a pillow first and then done the pillow cover based on those dimensions but heck no that would be far too logical for me!!!! In the end I had a cover approximately 22” x 17” so I had to make a pillow insert for it, lol, will I ever learn!
The back of the pillow is a gorgeously soft tie dyed pinkish orange minky, oh it is soooooo lovely to touch but a bit of bear to sew
Good luck little Lola, I hope to see you tearing around the place as usual in no time. And sweetie just think of all the ice-cream
Thanks for stopping by …
That is adorable!!!! And it will definitly make her stay a much more pleasant one!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the tonsil removal! Lots and lots of popsicles and ice cream!
That is just beautiful and such a loving gesture!
ReplyDeletevery pretty indeed!!:)
ReplyDeleteyou know I had to pop back in and lat you know that poor wee Lola was back home with her tonsils in tact by 9am as she had coughed a little and failed her pre-op so hopefully it will happen some time in the next few days.
ReplyDelete