Today we declared a new celebration in our house.
Today was Thank You Daddy Day, a day when we stopped and thought about all the wonderful things that Daddy does for us ...
Here are a few that the kids came up with (all were written on a big poster you will see in the picture on the wall but it is hard to see what it says sorry),
Thank you for...
going to work and earning money so we can have lots of nice things
playing in the garden
helping me count
telling me stories
taking us to the coffee shop
clothes
food
holidays
dvd's
books
toothpaste
changing my nappy when I was a baby
rocking me to sleep
stucking me (lulu's word for squashing with love)
making me laugh ...
that is all I can remember off the top of my head.
We then made a nice chocolate cake which the kids cut with Ali when he got home. (Gosh I am so lucky to have such a good looking man!)
It is nice to stop and think of all the wonderful things someone does for you!
On the way home from school Laith was listing off some things he was going to write on the poster. I said those are lovely things, you really do have the best Daddy in the world. He paused for a moment and then said "But what about your Daddy", Yes my darling son got me to thinking of all things I was thankful for but probably never told my Dad while he was alive, so to my dad I say "thank you"!
HAPPY THANK YOU DADDY DAY EVERYONE
BTW the Hubster was very touched by their efforts, sweet.
P.S. Sami was alseep
That is so beautiful :) We also need to do thagt for DH.
ReplyDelete