Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Camping ... as good as

This afternoon we went on an adventure. The kids got their Ready-Beds out and pumped them up all the time asking "can you tell us now, what is our adventure and why do we need beds?" ...

CAMPING!

Yes finally after almost 8 years of saying "I must get a tent next season and go camping here in Oman" I did it, I got the tent. Someone was selling off some stuff that they were no longer using and they had only used this tent a couple of times. It is nice and big and it has a divider in the middle so you can make it two rooms if you like.

Putting it together was relatively easy. and we had such a lovely camping experience.
Of course the first thing the kids want to do is jump on the air mattresses ... such fun.


We cooked (crocodile sticks - ok it was really chicken veg satay sticks but I had them almost convinced it was crocodile!)

We AteGreat little flat gas cooker, only 10 rials from Carrefour and beats the heck out of a charcoal bbq.

Please excuse the food in my mouth photo but Laith has been a little off latley and it was just nice to see him eating for a change and laughing and laughing!

Time to wash up. Sami thought it would be a good idea to eat the suds!Then when I said lets take a photo Sami insisted on having his photo taken in front of the garden, sweet.

We got into bed and told stories and played charades and waited for Ali to come home.


Then the best thing of all, we came inside and had nice warm baths got into our jammies and got into bed ;-) Don't get me wrong I really do love camping but for our very first go an afternoon in the front yard was just fine.

It is too hot to camp now so I am hoping that after the summer we can take some great family trips as Oman has some of the most beautiful places and camping is very popular here.

Tonight I also banished my beloved Sami to the "boys room" (no not the toilet, the boys bedroom!). I have the monitor on and hope that Laith is not such a light sleeper that he wakes with Sami's occasional mumbling or whinging in his sleep. Finger crossed guys, maybe this time I reclaim our bedroom for good.

Thanks for stopping by ...

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of camping :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Might have to borrow my parents' tent! Hugs Kat xx

    ReplyDelete