Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shorts for Sami


These are Ottobre Ahoy Shorts (03/09 #14). Just click on picture for larger view.

I like the way they turned out. This is my first time doing a mock fly which had me stumped for a while but then with a little help I got it - finally! Now it seems so simple - isn't that always the way ;-). Also a first time for belt loops which were ok.

for the front I used the normal needle and did two rows but for the back (when I remembered I had one LOL) I used the twin needle, what a breeze!


This time I did the waistband Otto style where you secure the elastic inside the band and stitch through it. A little more tricky than just threading it through but it looks good and this pattern also had a twill drawstring so that helps if they are a little loose.

Going to attempt a collared shirt now to match ...

Thanks for stopping by ....

4 comments:

  1. Clo, You did a great job on those they look great. Can't wait to see the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Sensational Clo.
    Bring on the shirt!!!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shorts! I like the contrast waistband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them - they look great

    ReplyDelete