Friday, May 29, 2009

Floofy Fridays

Ah how I love floofy Fridays at home. The kids are still not 100% so we decided no going out just chilling at home.

I found a great font that you can download into your fonts engine and then print out great activity sheets for the kids. You can write what you like and then they can practice their tracing / writing. I got the font from here but I noticed another site also had instructions on how to download the font to your computer and you can find the details here .
Lulu and Laith enjoyed making up their own sentences for their sheets.

Then I did a generic Aa Bb ... sheet so i can print it out anytime when I want little hands kept busy ;-)

I remember years ago Lulu was sitting on the ground "helping" Ali fix my new snap press.
Today it was Sami's turn to "help" Daddy fix my button press that I purchased when my sister was here. I thought it was such a great find at my local hab store and at a fraction of the cost that you would pay in Oz or US. Yes, it has been sitting on my floor for months but last night I wanted to make some buttons ... ALI!!!!

This was Sami's version of helping - sitting on it!
Then Daddy is nudging him off with his head, but no he wasn't moving LOL!

All done, and ready for action.

Today I also revved up the embroidery machine. I have this oh so lovely machine that I purchased when i left full time employment, my "retirement gift" to myself LOL. I don't use it enough to embelish the things I make for the kids and I get so inspired by the Mummas over at Craftymamas that I got cracking today. I am putting robots on a pair of red denim bermudas I am making for Laith. It is an Otto pattern and my first attempt at a zipper fly, darts and tabs so fingers crossed.

I did get some of the hubsters quilt (was to be a surprise for his birthday but my darling Lulu has no concept of secrets and overheard me talking to Laith about it LOL) cut today. Once I finish blogging tonight I will try and finish the sashing cuts. It needs to be ready in a week, ho hum nothing like good planning :-)

But I am also getting side tracked by another little project ... a tailor's ham, will keep you posted.

Had a good ol chat to my sis via msn tonight. She was telling me she has been without water at their place for 4 days. Hmmm muggy hot Bahamas, no water ... ummmmm not a good look woozer! Hope you get the town water again soon and I am sure they are telling the truth when they say "the part will be in tomorow" LOL.

Thanks for stopping by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment