Where have I been for the past week? Doing this ...
Lulu's "girly room" is finally finished!! Yay!! (ok there is some paint touch ups and curtain hooks but I could not keep her waiting any longer). Her brief was PINK PINK and more PINK. She had seen the tree fabric I got for the curtains and was not very happy so every day she reminded me PINK Mummy not green, LOL. I have now convinced her that the fairies that live in her room must have somewhere to go and rest so they sleep behind the trees on the curtains ;-)
The Grand Opening ...
Exploring ...
Laith helped me picked a bed for her but we were concerned that the blue, red and yellow colours would not go down well with the pink princess. So countless hours were spent making a cover for the bed.
My friend Laila found some Farmers Market fabric in al Khuwair at the bargain price of 1.200 Rials (approx USD$4.00). It was great for some lovely floor cushions.
One of my favourite things is Lulu's blackboard.
I found some lovely grass fabric and then embroidered the sun and appliqued the butterflies and fairy on the chalkboard fabric which is stretched and stapled over a canvas frame. This is Lulu's creative corner ...
It is a bit hard to see but there is a princess tree growth chart on the cupboard door and then a heap of fairy princesses over the walls.
The bathroom ... (most houses that are built here have a bathroom for every room ... that is why everyone has domestic help there are so many bathrooms!!!)
And what makes it all worthwhile? This lovely happy smile!
Now it is time to clean up my sewing room which looks like a hurricane ran through it!
so that's where you've been ;D
ReplyDeleteWow, lucky girl, you've certainly put a lot of thought and work into it!
ReplyDeleteClo I love how you have created a lovely fantasy world where your little girl can play and create! Great job :-)
ReplyDeleteAny little girl would be in heaven there- wonderful job Clo!
ReplyDeleteEvery girl's dream...fantastic Clo
ReplyDeleteMandy
Congratulations on a wonderful job, I am sure that once the word gets out there will be many fairies seeking a home in Lu Lu's room. You have done a great job........
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete