Friday, January 14, 2011

Slinging into action.

Sewing, it is a wonderful substitute for therapy at a fraction of the cost Winking smile

Since Eyad’s birth I have not achieved a great deal other than tending to the needs of this beautiful boy who is asleep on my lap as I type this post. I don’t mind really because that is my job right now. I am fortunate enough to have home help, co-operative understanding children and a husband who is very helpful which makes my job much easier. However, I do miss my sewing / therapy. It relaxes me, it inspires me, it motivates me and it destresses me.

Today I was fortunate enough to get a little sewing done in the form of two slings and some flannel baby wraps.

Sling #1 is pouch style and made for me as I was not too keen on the fabric I used for my last one.IMG_8044

Still having “baby brain” I forgot that I made my first one as a double layer and after making this one as single I immediately preferred the feel of the double. The fabric has been in my stash for some time and I even have a little left over so maybe a skirt for Lulu?

Sling #2 is the same style only I made this one a reversible pouch. The green camo fabric with butterflies is one of my all time favourite fabrics and I had only this little bit left which I was saving for the right project. IMG_8047

(isn’t my hubby a darling to model for me!)

I wanted to make a sling for my dear friend who had a wee baby girl six weeks after Eyad. I combined both fabrics and she can choose depending on her mood. Her little one likes to be held allot just like Eyad so I hope this will make life a little easier for her.

Finally I made three big flannel wraps for Eyad.IMG_8048

I like to wrap him up at night and I fool myself into thinking he sleeps longer LOL.

Lets see if I can continue with my therapy this week as it really does pep up my spirits.

Thanks for stopping by …

5 comments:

  1. I really like your slings! I too hope you get some "therapy" time this week :D It works for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he is so darn cute! And looks very comfy in those slings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never could get the hang of slings. He looks so snug in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know you have at least a little time to sew, it sure is great therapy.
    I don't think I've ever known a baby who didn't "like to held" - all mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks gals, yes he is as snug as a bug in his slings, if only he felt the same way about his cot ;-)

    ReplyDelete