Friday, September 24, 2010

The Intimidated Sewer

First up it is Friday – Yay, I love Fridays as we usually have a nice family lazy day at home. Today Ali has taken the boys up to his sister’s house for lunch as there are some relatives in town who want to see him. I have stayed home with Lulu has the sniffles and was just feeling a little out of sorts.

Sami and Lulu got into some art work this morning. I have not pulled out these fellas for a long time as Sami use to put them in his mouth – yuk. As soon as I had them out Lujayne yells “yay the packing peanuts are back” bless her what a good memory given that I could not even think of the name of them LOL (blame it on pregnant brain!).

kids art

P9240001

While the boys are away the girls will play. Lulu is all played out and has decided to snooze in front of a DVD and I have dusted off the cause of my intimidation …

coverPro

My Janome CoverPro 1000CP .

She is a great machine for knits but I just don’t take her out as much as I would like mostly because… well … I am little scared of knit fabrics! There my secret is out.

There are some great resources on line such as the Pattern Review CP thread, Debbie's Blog, not to mention the ever helpful ladies over at the Crafty Mamas forum (do a search under the Machine Help thread)just in case you are looking.

I need to get over myself, over my fear and get stitching on the knits … so today we start our journey again. I am going to make a casual dress for Lulu. Wish me luck.

Thanks for stopping by …

No comments:

Post a Comment