The moon was sighted tonight so it will be Eid tomorrow Alhamdulillah. Eid Ul Fitr is the celebration of the end of the holy month of Ramadan during which all able Muslims fast from sun up to sun down. It is a time of charity and reflection for those less fortunate than yourselves.
This afternoon the kids and I made some Eid Lanterns and posters to decorate the kitchen.
We usually go to Ali’s home town of Nizwa but this year we are staying home as I am feeling somewhat tired, swollen and weary. This is a blessing in one way but then I am sorry that everyone will miss out on the yummy food, the traditional Shua, and the chance to see all the family (and believe me there are a lot of Al Abri’s out there!). I think we may go out for lunch as there is no way I can cook those Omani foods. Eid is celebrated over three days and for day two I have planned a Treasure Hunt for the kids, day three will be chill out time I think.
Today I went and did the last minute Eid shopping for food, gifts and clothes. It is tradition for the kids to get new outfits for Eid and I had completely forgot about it until yesterday – Yikes!
It was a mad dash to the shops which I thought would be a nightmare with crowds but surprisingly there was very few people around. I think it may be because the government announced a weeks holiday for next week so many people have gone away or home to their “home villages” to be with family.
To all my Muslim friends I wish you and your family a blessed Eid.
EID MUBARAK to all …
Happy Eid! Lovely to see all the celebrations! Hugs, Katxxx
ReplyDelete