Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We are on the road again

Two days later and I am back on the road. The kids thought it was great to get to stay home for two days but it was back to school today. I had Lujayne's Parent Teacher night tonight which was nice and she got a glowing report however seemingly we still need to work on the whole sharing thing (really - shock horror! LOL)

I finished Lulu's dress the other night which she just loves but it has been sitting here awaiting a matching headband which I finished tonight. I loved making this dress and I would recommend it to a beginner as the pleats instructions are very good. It is from this pattern and my only deviation seemed to be in the straps and buttons. The dress on Lulu was a little big around the top so I found I needed to place the buttons further back behind the shoulder and then I put a popper on the fabric so it does not slip out in the front. Could I have done this a different way? The fabric is Robert Kaufman and I just love the gold Dragon on the cobalt blue. I have a few meters of this that I managed to pick up here in Muscat at the Modern House fabric shop in Al Khoud, a bargain at RO1 per meter pretty much half the price and no shipping!

I finished up a few more headbands to go with some polka dots shorts I made, a Hello Kitty Lazy Days skirt and two other dresses / tops that I have cut but not yet stitched. Another complete UFO (unfinished object) tonight was this purple Lazy Days skirt. Lulu can't get enough of these and as they take less than 30 minutes from cutting to finish I love them too. I ran out of the green velvet ribbon so I had to put in about 4 inches of another ribbon at the back, bless her lets see if she says anything. I am DESPERATE for some pretty cotton ribbon as there is only a very small amount available in Al Hadrmy Tailoring and the rest is nylon / poly yucky stuff. And don't get me started on the buttons available here, scarey! I wonder is there a ribbon and button store on line ...?
Finally I have to post a picture of my darling Sami smiling as the last picture at the barber was so sad!Until next time ...

1 comment:

  1. The dress is beautiful I love the fabric. Sami doesn't look like a baby any more!! Where's your baby gone? It's sad how quickly they grow. I like the headbands, very pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete