Friday, October 10, 2008

Muscat Progression and Regression

My sister was asking me the other day how The Wave project was coming along. I drive past it twice a day on the school pick up so I thought I would take a quick gsm pic for her.
Now another interesting sight I pass twice a day is a building near us (near the Shell Petrol and
Chippie Shop to those that have visited us) is this building which is currently being torn down. The building has been in progress for about 2 years now and was owned by a Minister. Sometime over the summer the proverbial hit the fan when it was discovered that this Minister did not seek the correct permission to build so high as it is just near the airport. So His Majesty stepped in and said tear it down. Was it to make a point and teach a lesson, who knows, but it such a sight to see. If you want know more and see a much better photo then visit Muscat Confidential blog for more of the low down.

No comments:

Post a Comment