Monday, August 12, 2013

On the Road Again

Farewell San Diego hello New York. Yes we were on the move again today. 


Although the flight is only 4.5 hours it is a long day of travel leaving the hotel at 10.30am and arriving at Aunty Sharon's apartment at 11pm. 

When we arrived I asked the doorman if Sharon had left us a key and he looked rather strangely at me and said no but he did have a spare. I was surprised that she hadn't as I didn't expect her to be there so late. Then he said let me ring up and I was like "oh is she there?" and he said "yes but I am worried she might be asleep". Asleep , huh?

So I sent the kids ahead and waited with Ali to bring the bags up. When we got upstairs Sharon did in fact look like she had been woken up, and then she said "you said Monday". Ahhhhh yes in fact I had said Monday the 11th but I realized a few days ago that the 11th was Sunday but I completely forgot to tell Sharon. Oh dear, poor thing she was totally bamboozled. I told her later that maybe that was payback for all the surprise visits she has done ;-) 

Anyway we are here. And I am glad we have the week to forget about how horrible it is to travel with Eyad and Sami so that we have the courage to get on the plane home next Wednesday. 

Thanks for stopping by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment