Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Trip to Central Park

Since arriving on Monday Laith has asked me "when are we going to the park" and I have felt bad that we have not made it up to the end of the road to visit the famous Central Park, so today we did.

It was a late afternoon early evening walk up the street to the lovely park. We pretty much just stayed at the perimeter of the park as that seemed enough to keep the kids happy. Eyad was quick to spot and chase the squirrels and I was quick to spot and avoid the huge rats, really gross! 


The kids played on the swings and in the water area until it was time to head home. 



Sami broke the major rule and left the enclosed playground to climb a rock. He knew what he was doing but didn't care so naturally I was pretty upset with him and explained that he will not be joining us on our trip out tomorrow which of course threw him into a huge tantrum. We tried to get him to come home but he was determined to stay in the park and I was in fact worried that the people around us were going to call the police thinking he was being abducted as he screamed "I don't want to go with you". The stress levels were high all around. 

Finally we made it out and down to the apartment. I love that the kids were exhausted and by most accounts pretty happy. 

Last night Ali and I took a stroll from the hotel through Chinatown to Little Italy for a nice meal.


I was really looking forward to a cannoli as my friends mom use to make them when I was young but I have to say I was sadly disappointed at what was served. Some things are better kept as good memories. 

This morning we took a stroll through SoHo and I showed Ali the book store I will take the kids to tomorrow. Here is a sneak peak ...



Thanks for stopping by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment