With my ongoing attempt to master knit fabrics I decided to make some pajamas for the kids.
Using Ottobre Patterns 04/2004 #38 Leggings and Longjohns and Otto workshop 301 T-shirts I made up these three pair using the very “average” knits I have in my stash.
I enjoyed sewing the knits fabrics and using the serger and the cover stitch machine for nice finishes, however I need a lot more work on my necklines. On the recent nightdress for Lulu my collar was great but on these three it was …well … lets say there was some “colourful” language used!
In the construction of the T’s I turned to my Sew U Home Stretch book by Built by Wendy’s Wendy Mullin. I highly recommend this book for anyone starting out on knits. It is invaluable as a resource and has T-shirt patterns included that you can then alter in so many ways. I did my necklines / collars Otto style but next time I will do it Wendy style.
The shirts are too short for pj’s so next time I will add a few inches. My three are real skinny and I found that the longjohns are a little loose.
Overall I am happy with the sewing progress but I give these pj’s a 5/10 rating with definite room for improvement.
Next pj’s will be flannel pants as I have heaps in my stash to use up
Thanks for stopping by …
You've been very busy sewing. The kids look pretty happy with their new pj's!
ReplyDelete