Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sami’s PJ’s and Soldiers

Today I finished Sami’s flannel pj’s. Over the past week or so I have been searching for a pattern that I could make using flannel not knit fabric for pj’s without much success (I have ordered one now that will take a month or so to come so stayed tuned) and finally I decided to use an Ottobre pattern that was intended for a knit fabric but to just size it up a little and put a ribbed collar for a bit of flexibility around the head/neck.

The top is Ottobre 01/2009 #20 “Tiku” T-Shirt and the pants are my “go-to” Easy Fit Pants.

Sami Flannel PJs 1

For the life of me I could not fully understand the instructions for the boatneck on the top so it ended up being more or less a regular collar just wider. It fits well on Sami and goes over his head easily however I would go up one more size all over in the future to try and get some extended ware out of them.Sami Flannel Pjs 2 The flannel I have had in my stash for a couple of years, it is so soft and lovely to feel.  I will use this pattern again although I am keen to see the Oliver + S pattern in the flannel so I might wait until it arrives to make some more.

 

My dear friend Laila came over for a short while this morning to get some sewing done. She brought over a present for Sami which I knew he would LOVE, it is a Bucket of Soldiers (from Toy Story). Sami was thrilled to receive them this afternoon and has carried them around ever since, in fact they are in bed with him now as he sleeps! sami and his soldiers 1 This afternoon I was in and out of my sewing room doing stitch-outs on my embroidery machine and often when this is the case the kids bring a puzzle in and do it on the floor behind me. It is a bit squishy but we manage. Today it was “the soldiers”. Laila, my dear darling friend, let me tell you what is it like to walk over these little guys when you go from one side of the table to another … OUCH!!!!! Man they just seemed to fall out of no where and crunch my foot would go down on one. It was an obstacle course I tell you. I begged Sami to please play with them outside in the play area and finally he conceded that my big whopping feet were no match for his troop and he packed up and moved camp.

sami and his soldiers 2

Today I worked on the pirate outfits for Wednesday “dress like a pirate” day. Lulu’s skirt is finished and the two pirate vests are cut and ready for stitching tomorrow.

“Sew” Much To Do … so little time!

Thanks for stopping by ….

No comments:

Post a Comment