Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The “Circus” is in town

Tonight we went to the circus in Qurum. We were joined by Laila, Noora and Abdulla and Aseya, Azzan and Terryam.

watching the circus

I am going to guess that it was a Russian performance but I am not sure. It was a very average performance but the kids enjoyed it and it was something different for us to do so all in all a good time was had. The kids enjoyed these two very lame clowns, it made me laugh at what they think is funny.

circus clowns

The knife thrower was not too bad.

circus knife thrower

I think there may have been a flame thrower to come but after 1 hour I had had enough and the kids were losing interest so we left. circus watching samiThere were no animals just performers. I hope one day to be able to take them to a big top circus like they see on TV but I guess that will be one year when we are on holidays as that kind of circus will never come to Oman.

Earlier today I participated in the Crafty Mamas - Sew Up Wednesday (sew-a-long) and made Lujayne a nightie.Lulu Owl Nightgown 2[8]

Lulu Owl Nightgown 3

It is an Ottobre pattern from the 06/2009 issue #36 Mockingbird Nightdress. Lujayne picked out the embroidery this morning and I stitched it onto felt instead of the knit because I was a) lazy and b) worried it might pucker the knit. The nightie came together nice and easy and I will definitely make her more. I made the 110cm which is right for her height but it does swim a little on the rest of her. She loves it and as I type this post she is fast asleep with it on so mission completed! The embroidery is an applique from JuJu Designs which I machine embroidered. Hoot Owl Embroidery

This is the stitch out in process and my very hi-tech thread catcher (a sewing ham with masking tape sticky side up!).

Thread catcher

Sorry my photos are such poor quality. I still do not seem to have mastered my new “point-and-shoot” camera which is frustrating because I keep missing shots because the auto is not right and my settings are not right either. Maybe I will take it along to the hospital with the manual and have a play.

Last night was my second last doctor’s appointment – woohoo! We are scheduled to have the c-section on Saturday 30th October all going well. My blood pressure is very low so it looks like I need more fluids and time with my big ol swollen feet up too. He is a very active bub in my tummy especially at night so I hope he kicks that habit by the time he is born and realises that night time is for sleeping Winking smile

Thanks for stopping by …

3 comments:

  1. Did I miss the announcement that it's a boy? :D I love reading your blog Clo. Your kids have grown so much over the years. One day I hope we get to meet. When my kids are older and I can travel without them I'd love to come visit. I think we'd feel like old friends by then. Not long now to the new addition. I'm getting so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy, it would be so wonderful to meet in the future.

    Yes, it is a boy. Three boys, what on earth will I do haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header pic makes me smile ! Warm wishes from Tokyo, Japan!

    ReplyDelete