Sunday, February 07, 2010

An unusual problem

Today I was late picking up the kids from nursery … because it was raining! LOL we all know that Muscat comes to a slow crawl in the rain as the roads floor very quickly. They say the rain should be around for a few days which of course I love as we get so little rain YAY.

The trip was a crawl from Qurum … like this …rain1 it is hard to see but on the far right is a rush of brown water, that is the flooding from the roads after about 10 minutes of hard rain …

I love the rain but maybe not so much for driving … rain2

and after the long crawl it was finally down to one lane … mind you this was only 30 minutes after it starting raining!rain3

We got to the nursery late but just getting there was a blessing. Many people are not use to driving in wet weather and think it is fun to speed and then swish through the puddles.

I have to watch my potty mouth during these times as the kids repeat EVERYTHING! ;-)

On a funny note I think I need to go back to school. Having a son who loves English and grammar is taking its toll. Yesterday we were looking for a book and twice I said as we were going into the bookstores “lets see if we can’t get it in here” and twice Laith said you mean CAN. I pondered and he said, Mummy why would you say can’t get it when we want to get it???? Ummmm Panadol please for the mummy of children who are at the age of correcting their mother!!!!

Thanks for stopping by …

3 comments:

  1. you are funny!!

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats some rain Clo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I'm a puddle swisher! But not when it's dangerous ;)

    Love your blog header, it really hits you in the eye!

    ReplyDelete