Saturday, January 09, 2010

A Tidy Table and the Goodies I Found

I have a serious confession to make. Since the middle / end of November I have not seen the surface of my sewing table.

After the manic sewing spree to get everything ready for the craft fairs and then Lulu’s birthday it was left looking … well less than acceptable. But then I got ill, had my hospital stay(s) and of course the chaos of Christmas and suddenly I was left with an area that needed to be deemed a disaster zone only to be approached with a hard hat and a serious amount of determination and energy.

I am please to say that it is cleared. I have the sewing machine table to clear tomorrow and some fabric to put away but the worst is over ;-)

The great news is what I found under all the rubble! I had received some mail during that time, opened it and then it drowned. So here it is … ginger blossom FQ Ginger Blossom Fat Quarter Bundle by Sandi Henderson. I have been coveting this for quite some time and when it came on sale at the Fat Quarter Shop I just knew it had my name on it LOL.

This lovely Charm Pack – Love U by Deb Strain. I just love the owls …Love U Deb Strain Charm And the piece of resistance (sorry I am too tired to work out the French characters on the computer) …. Moda Sampler Pack The Moda Sampler Pack. 2.5 inch squares of pure loveliness. 12 sets by different designers in the Moda range.Moda Sampler Close

Among my goodies was also this fantastic set of reference cards for clothes fabric shopping.Clothing Ref Cards Gwyn Hug These cards are by Gwen Hug and they are available in inches or cm. If you make clothes then I highly recommend a set to keep in your bag. They are available for purchase on her site.

The weather is so wonderful here at the moment. Yesterday Laith, Lulu and I went off to the movies. We had a little time to kill before the movie so we took a walk along the beachfront … here are the monkeys at rest. Laith Lulu at Shatti Thanks for stopping by …

3 comments:

  1. oooh, that certainly is some fabric goodness you got yourself there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! How wonderful! I feel that all I have been doing for two weeks now is cleaning (after the workmen) and cooking, hence all the food entries on my blog as of late! What are you gonna do with all those new fabs? Congrats!!!!!!! Once the men finish their work (this week and I think next week, yep, a third) and I am back on my feet; I'll invite you over for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice treat that was to find your fabric goodies!! I love your charm packs :)

    Its good to see you blogging again

    ReplyDelete