Sunday, January 03, 2010

Daily Savings

I remember many moons ago I had a Christmas Club account and I would put away a little here and there so I had some spending money at Christmas. It was a great idea and worked well, that is before the banks decided that doing these “nice things” was not in the best interest of their business. So I stopped.

I have watched with interest last year Gill over at That British Woman as she has a daily savings club. She has just reminded us all how easy it can be with her New Year post on the The Daily Savings Club. All the information is there for you and you just need to convert the amounts into your own currency or change it to suit your needs.

On the 1st I started my Daily Savings tin. I am also going to make three tins for the children and we will do a similar thing only will smaller amounts. They can use their own money from their chores and I hope that will teach them a little about the benefits of saving.

For those in Oman here are the amounts I converted to baiza / Rials.  (I am using Gill’s second example as my method for the year).

The amount to go in your saving tin each day is…

January .010 baiza

February .020 baiza

March .290 baiza

April .385 baiza

May .481 baiza

June .577 baiza

July  .673 baiza

August .770 baiza

September .866 baiza

October .962 baiza

November 1.058

December 1.155

at the end of the year you will have 230 Rials!

Gill also has some good ideas about a Christmas savings box, a birthday saving box and a special occasion saving box. Here is her post about those plans.

The amounts converted to Rial are 7.700 Rial a week for the Christmas Plan. The same amount for the Birthday box. And for the Special Occasion box is would be 3.350 Rial.

Totals for the end of the year …

Christmas Box – 400 Rial.

The Birthday box will fluctuate over the year as you take from it but over all it will be 400 Rials for the year.

The Special Occasion box will be 200 Rials.

For all the details please pop over and read Gill’s post as I am sure she explains it better than me.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Savings ….

2 comments:

  1. thanks for posting about this. My hope is to get many people for all over the world saving on a daily basis!! Thanks also for the link's back to my blog.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clo that reminds me I must get onto this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete