Today I delivered the Christmas (err should I say belated) presents to Laila and the kids. You saw their pillows before but I did forget to mention that the embroidery designs were from Julia Designs. I used the
Styx Boys and
Twiggy Ballerina. They stitched out beautifully, one of the best stitch-outs I have seen for a while. The basic idea for the pillows came from
this pattern which I had used for
Sami's pillow earlier.
Moving onto the gifts for Laila, their cool Mumma, I did a nest of storage cubes so she could keep well organised (unlike me LOL).


The biggest and smallest one I used fabric with a PUL lining and the one in the middle is a cotton with some strong backing. I followed this
tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts. These are a little fiddly to make but all the same I will make some for Lulu's new room soon.
I also made my first pincushion!

Laila had given me the
"Sew Pretty Homestyle" book for my birthday so it seemed fitting to make her something from this very sweet book. There is a
Flickr page where people show off things they have made from the book, very nice indeed. My little pin cushion look very average compared to some of those creations but that is ok, made with Love as they say :-)

Tonight is the first game of the 19th Arabian Cup and Oman has gone football mad.

The cup is being hosted here and houses have the flag and the Oman colours draped everywhere, cars are fully decorated and people are really hyped up. I hope they win!
Happy Blogging ...
I love those fabric storage boxes. Really well done. Thank you too for all your support and sharing in blogland in the last year. I feel like we've become close friends over the year, even with the oceans between.
ReplyDeleteHi Isra, what did you use for the vinyl bit for the label on the storage boxes? Something local???
ReplyDelete