Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Last Few Days

We had a nice quiet weekend as usual. I am up (yet again) in the wee hours of the morning. Sometimes I wake around 3.30am and that is it, no matter how much I toss and turn or count sheep I just lay their WIDE awake.

Recently the hubster installed a new anti virus program. Since doing this I can not log into craftymamas.net and a few other sites and I am having serious withdrawals. I am trying desperately to reconfigure the thing but no luck so far grrrrr. The strange thing is that I was able to log in once the other morning but later that day it gave me the usual error message.

Yesterday I made a simple (actually VERY simple so don't look too hard ok) fleece jacket for Lulu. Our cooler season (I wish I could say winter but it doesn't get that cold here LOL) does not last very long so it is not necessary for the kids to have loads of sweaters etc. However I do find that they are dirty very quickly so I thought if I made some simple "throw-on sweaters" for her then we could just throw them wash and whip out a fresh one. I got the idea from the Bend the Rules sewing book. After making the jacket she asked if she could wear this one after her bath with her PJ's ... hmmmm ... ok so I will make a robe too! This time I ditched the binding and just hemmed it all around. The fleece was from a blanket I got from Carrefour for around RO 2 (USD$5, AUD$7.30) that has been sitting in my cupboard for 2 years I think. I also found a butterfly applique and stitched that on as she loves all things fluttery at the moment. Then Laith said he wanted one too so that is my next project (ahhh that list grows daily!)

My Mum made Ali a wonderful scarf and hat. I must try and get an action shot to post. She is now working on a little cardigan for Lulu. You just gotta love your Mum coming to stay heh!

We met up with my pal Laila and her kids for a trip to the park the other day. We got there (with 5 excited children) only to find the park closed for "maintenance" sigh! So off we went to the beach for a walk. The "red tide" is still around and the smell was a bit whiffy and look at the foam it kicked up on the beach ... strange huh?

And speaking of Laila she made me these gorgeous coasters for Christmas. Ahh my favourite Farmers Market fabrics! They sit on my sewing table, are used daily and Lulu has a fascination with them that she will take them and play with them for ages ... thanks my friend. (I have to take a photo of the wonderful runner she made too).

Lastly I had to show you a photo of the dogs that came into our yard yesterday. They are wild dogs referred to here as Wadi Dogs. There was eight of them sleeping in the garden and under the hubsters car. When I opened the window to take a pic they bolted. Sadly these dogs can be dangerous so you need to be careful. I noticed that there was a domestic dog roaming with them he looked like a huskie / shepard cross (what possesses people to bring these types of dogs to a hot climate is beyond me). He is either a lost loved pet or a dumped dog that some expat family decided they could not take home with them. (As I type this I can hear an almighty dog fight outside, move on pups and don't wake my babies!)

Oh I have rambled a bit!

Take care ... xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I like it when you ramble I learn so much :) Love the jacket. So is the climate similar to the sub-tropics here in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy the summer is hot but not as humid as lets say QLD. We have temps in the 40's most of the summer occasionally in the 50's but the press don't report that because that would mean the construction workers could go home (and we can't have that can we! my heart goes out to these guys really it does). It is more humid at the end of the summer, just before the change in weather to the cooler months being Dec - March if we are lucky. I have been here eight years now but still the summer can drain you. You go from a/c house to a/c car to a/c shops but those few minutes in-between can have you in a pool of sweat, really gross LOL! I lived in Alice Springs for 6 months so I can imagine your time in NT was pretty hot too. Off to finish Laith's robe ...

    ReplyDelete