pro⋅cras⋅ti⋅nate
1. to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
–verb (used with object)
2. to put off till another day or time; defer; delay.
I am a horrific procrastinator! As long as I can remember this has been one of my greatest weaknesses (not one to mention at a job interview I might add- does not go down too well!)
I have been working on some belated Christmas gifts (I got sick just before Chrissy and didn't get my gifts done) and while I am about 40% done I just seem to floof around something fierce when it is time to sit down and sew. WHY? It is not that I don't enjoy sewing, and these are particularly fun to make but there is some kind of mental block I get when i have "finish" something ... sigh. I use to get the same way when I had custom orders for nappies or blankets or slings. If I can start and finish something in one go I am alright, but to start and then finish later is not good. Or even starting something I know has to be done by a deadline. HELP ME!
And I am not alone. For the past two days getting Laith to do his workbooks (he has work to catch up on that his Grade 1 class did in term 1 while he was in KG2) has been like pulling teeth, OMG can this kid procrastinate! He is seriously going to give me a run for my money.
And why am I here blogging instead of sewing ... yes you know why the big "P" word, is there any hope for me?
Any exciting plans for the New Year?
Too funny! I am just like you with the big "P" word too! UGH! It makes for a LOT of stress, doesn't it?!
ReplyDeleteHope you get it ALL done!
Smiles,
Jen