Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Tree Skirt

I posted last week that I had decided to make a Christmas Tree Skirt after seeing the tutorial over at Crazy Mom Quilts, AmandaJean always makes things look soooo simple ;-)

Well here it is, finished at last! It is 60" x 60". Obviously I deviated somewhat from the tutorial but the general gist is there. This was my first attempt at stippling too.
The back is a Robert Kaufman Green Stars print I was lucky enough to find in the local fabric shop for just 1 Rial a mtr, that is about $3.50USD. However it is not very forgiving in terms of showing up my stippling errors and some puckering of the fabric.
I did learn a lot from making this and I will put these lessons to good use when I finish my next quilt (top is done!). For years to come I will remember this skirt as the crazy project I undertook while dying with this terrible virus just before Christmas.

A HUGE thanks to my Mum who kindly finished hand stitching the binding for me when I could do no more but sniffle, cough and moan .... HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment