What I like most about going to Nizwa is that we do very little. We do a lot of this ...
Yesterday the kids and I slept for just over 2 hours, we woke up as the sun was setting. Just as well as we went out visiting later in the evening. It was one of those times when you go to someones house and then there are about 35 ladies sitting around in a circle all chatting, laughing and of course bemused by me and my lack of Arabic (STILL!). I was really enjoying myself for a change and then we had to go as Laith was feeling too sick, still I felt very lucky to have had such a wonderful time with these strangers. The old village ladies sometimes scare me a bit, they look so old and wise and I often feel intimidated but this time they just laughed a lot, it is the festive spirit of Eid.
Today we went out to the farm for the Shooa. Twice a year we eat the poor wee goat. He was very yummy today. Here is a pic just after digging up the shooa and opening it to get the meat off.
Everyone slept on the way back as usual. Always happy to be back too.
Now there are only 3 sleeps until my mum comes so I have to get into action and clean up and get ready ... tomorrow ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment