Thursday, June 12, 2008

"The" Bag

Yesterday I mentioned I was embarking on a bag (my first attempt at something other than a zip wet bag or drawstring back LOL!) ... well I finished it today and I am soooooooo happy with it. This is a gift for someone very special so I wanted it to be perfect. It is a little hard to see but I did a leaf pattern stitch trim on the inside pocket and added a snap to the inside pocket too.

I followed this tutorial on www.craftster.org (a place I could spend endless hours reading about everything crafty).The internet is the most amazing tool isn't it. Now you can get patterns on line and download them instantly. You can purchase sewing supplies and fabrics on line and if in doubt about anything just google it and wham there is probably a tutorial that someone has kindly done and posted to help others. My list of blogs that I visit is fast growing and I am truly inspired by so many wonderfully talented ladies out there ... thank you .

I have now started one for a little girl so I have reduced the pattern by half. That said I had better get back to it now.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful.

    I like the internet for all things crafty too.

    ReplyDelete