Friday, May 23, 2008

Sneaky Chef

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. Basically it is a way to get veggies into your kids. You make up a few "make-ahead" purees and store them in the freezer. I like using 1/4 of a cup in the small sandwich zip lock bags as they store well and defrost in minutes one the bench or in some hot water if you are in a hurry and then you can reuse the bags.So far we have made Brainy Brownies (with spinach, wheatgerm, wholemeal flour, and blueberries), Choc Chip Cookies (with wheatgerm, wholemeal flour, white beans) Yummo, and this morning choc chip pancakes (the spinach combo as mentioned before) with a cherry sauce. OK they are the sweet things and they tasted great with the kids wolfing them down. We have also used the purees in pasta and sloppy joes yesterday that everyone had seconds (and they had cauliflower, carrot, yam, spinach, broccoli and peas in the purees). Seriously I am very happy with being a little sneaky with my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment