
Now many of you may be aware that my lovely bub who is now 8 and half months old still flatly refuses to take food. His mouth could not be any more shut than when you approach him with a spoon full of food. We have tried EVERY brand of rice cereal, all home purees and even a few store ones in desperation but no he is standing firm. I am not too worried about this as I know that someday he will open up and all will be ok but today he just showed me that it is his way or nothing...
We were headed off to a play-date this afternoon so I thought I would make some no cook Bikkie Balls. I was up to my elbows in bikkie mix (similar to cookie dough) and Sami had dropped his spoon on the floor. Yes he likes spoons if HE holds them. I put it back on his tray and he grabbed my hand to play. I went back to my mix and then heard big wet gummy noises coming from his direction. He had managed to take a chuck of mix off my hands and was now happily eating away!
I felt brave then and made up a bowl of cereal and pear and found the one and only suction bowl and firmly secured it in front of him and let him go for it.

There are two things that I learned. The first is that he WILL eat on HIS terms with his hands (which is what my friends on natural parenting forum had been telling me anyway).

The second is that my suction bowl is PATHETIC!

No wait make that three things ... this way is very MESSY!
Way to go Sami!
ReplyDeleteI love the look of sheer delight on his face.