We were invited to a Diwali party at Bickram and Poonam’s villa on Thursday 19th to celebrate Diwali with them. Diwali was officially on the 21st. Perhaps the most popular of all Hindu festivals, also known as the Festival of Lights, it is dedicated to the Goddess Kali in Bengal and to Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth, in the rest of India. Ok so we are not Hindu but as with all celebrations we wanted to share in our friends festivities.
It was a great night and the kids came along. We tried to dress more in the “appropriate style” and I have to say Laith looked sooooooo cute. Aysha just loved having Laith over to play. She is about the same age and they get on very well. It was a late night and Laith lasted until Midnight! But I have to say both kids were exhausted in the morning. I think it is the first time they have both “slept in”.
No comments:
Post a Comment