Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Update on Life in Oman

Bumping Around...

Just thought a quick update was in order.

Last few weeks have just flown by and I can’t believe my Mum is arriving on Sunday.

We have had a good Ramadhan so far and each Thursday we have been having Iftar and dinner at one of Ali’s family. Last Thursday it was our turn, I was shattered on Friday.

Suddenly my “bump” is more like a massive boulder attached to my tummy. I find getting through doors, passing by tables etc a strategic movement. If your bump doesn’t get it then you can be assured your bum will!


Laith has been at home this week as he has a cold but still manages to enjoy his home time especially his Play-Doh. He is awaiting Grandma Didi’s arrival (so we can have cake … oh and to see her too!!), and the arrival of his sister (again he expects cake for new visitors … ummm honey this “visitor” is staying).

My cousin Tara in Switzerland is finally on Skype so now so we can chat more often, its just such a great thing and the line is so clear. Come on everyone else, get onto Skype to we can chat more.

I am taking a huge leap into the “world of cloth nappies”, yep me (!) a devoted disposable user is going to try cloth. In fact I have even got the machine out and starting sewing. When the first model is finished I’ll post a pic for you. These days it is not all the soaking etc that our Mum's had to do (Bless them!), its all drypailing and straight into the washer. Did you know it can take 500 years for 1 disposable to decompose fully!!! yikes.

Here is an example of a "modern cloth" nappy...(the first pic is one of Erica's )http://www.ericanappies.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=products_new&zenid=d304cef31cf119150f6c13c1456fb255



Hope all is well in your part of the world. Stay tuned for the impending arrival of Laith’s sister.

Hugs and Luv XOXOXOX