Monday, October 03, 2005

I Love My Wireless!!!

Love my wireless!!!

I just had to put “pen to paper” about our wireless set up… I LOVE IT!!! Earlier this month I decided that I wanted to be able to work on the laptop in any room and not be tied to the study so I decided to look into wireless. Now for you Aussies, this is old hat but over here it’s not sooooo big. After a rocky start I got the router to work upstairs but when I went downstairs I had a very weak signal, something to do with all the concrete in these houses. So off I went back to the computer store to hand over more money for another access point. I won’t bore you with the drama I had getting it connected but in the end I paid a nice computer guy to come to the house and set it up. For all his troubles and about 1.5 hours work it came to the pricey sum of RO 13 (including the network port for the PC), yep only AUD $40 not bad heh? (Except the router and additional access point cost RO 80 – AUD$260, I am sure you can get that cheaper in Oz as I only had the choice of one brand!).

So now I can take the laptop into bed and surf the net, check my emails, talk on the Skype (by the way what happened to you slacko’s who were going to look into it so we could talk for free???) and update my Blog!!!!

Just had to share my joy…. You know it’s the simple things in life that get ya!!!

(Two Blogs in on week … unheard of!!!)