Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Family Were Here




(For more photos click on the link to MY PHOTOS on the right hand side bar)

Well it was a super short but fantastic visit. Laith had been waiting for Aunty Sharon, Uncle Silvio and Uncle Colm to come so we could have cake (as promised by his mum!!). He was so excited to have some new company in the house and especially liked the new gifts (what child doesn't) and new big boys to play Thomas the Tank Engine with. Silvio and Colm got into creating a great new track which Laith loved but I have to say was crushed within a week as there was not enough of a turning circle for him in the middle!


We had a great short all inclusive tour of Muscat including the souk, mosque, and drive around town. On the first evening we went off to have an Arabic style meal, sitting on a raised platform and munching on all sorts of goodies while the others smoked their Sheesha.

it seems that Sujata's (our helper) dahl was a big hit so Sharon will have to try and reproduce it when she gets home! and I think my cheesecake (as promised to Laith) was a hit too.

I was so upset to se them go but I would not have traded the 2 days for anything and Laith is still telling everyone who will listen about Uncle Colm, Uncle Silvio and Aunty Sharon!

So now we have my Mum's visit to look forward to.