Saturday, September 28, 2013

Planetbox to the Rescue

Time for me to fess up and tell you that I get really stuck on school lunches. I could easily give my kids that same thing everyday and if you are a kid like Sami that is just fine but for the other two they need a bit of variety and balance. After looking at these lunch boxes for over a year (me a procrastinator? never!) I finally took the plunge and ordered them so we could bring them home in our luggage after the summer trip.

Introducing my new best friend for lunches ... the Planetbox!

I promised my sister Sharon that I would post some pictures of the lunches we have been making since school started. Yes not the most exciting of posts in blog land today but nevertheless enjoy the culinary journey with us ...

Here is the box in it's bag with the icepack inside.


Each child has their own magnets which identifies who is who so early in the morning. I have been known to send the wrong lunch in the wrong bag before!



You will notice some very sad bland looking lunches. These are Sami's and well, that is a whole other blog post my friends.


So there it is, our new lunch system. Of course the same can be done using little containers or bento boxes. I just find that it "forces" me to choose foods for each section that gives it some balance. Yes there is a little "treat" tray in the middle and sometimes it is yogurt covered fruit or fruit gummies and other times it is a sweet but I am confident that they are finishing all the lunch first.

Thanks for stopping by ...



No comments:

Post a Comment