Saturday, September 28, 2013

Busy Days

I was under the impression I would have a lot more time on my hands with not working this year but somehow I seem to be proving that theory wrong.  Really have to work on being more productive and organised. 

The kids are starting their fourth week back at school and seem to be getting into a routine. I was at Laith's Middle School Parent night last week and snapped this on the back wall of his Language Arts classroom. 


Annoying siblings ... Really? 

My crochet class has been progressing well.


I do get very frustrated with the whole counting thing and at stages I seem to pull out more than I hook but I am slowly improving. 






I took a leap and started a group called Caring Caps Oman which has been established to co-ordinate the making of and then distribution of beanies / caps for those undergoing chemotherapy here in Oman. This kind of thing is done all over the world but I couldn't find anyone doing it here so this is my "baby" at the moment. I set up a FB page for it and now I am gathering up volunteers to get started. I received two donations this week from Tanya the lady who is teaching my crochet class. 




I had started one and in fact it is almost finished but I got the tension wrong and it is more a childs size but that's ok because sadly kids have chemo too. 

Currently I am working on the second of a pair of slippers for Ali and I have told him in no uncertain terrms that they will not look identical.  What is it that Pinkalicious' mother says ... "You get what you get and you don't get upset" ! This is especially true as I seem to have misplaced the original pattern and may have to wing it. 

I have enjoyed spending more time with Eyad. He really makes me laugh.




Last week Ali was out pruning the trees and after a large branch fell suddenly there was a swarm of angry bees everywhere very annoyed that he had inadvertently made them homeless. The honey from this hive was quite nice. Ali got stung a few times but I guess that was the price for the sweet rewards. 


Today he was out again trying to trim the trees and thankfully no more nests just a lot of mess and some adventurous kiddos. 




These trees grow like crazy. We planted them 3 years ago and given their rapid growth and all the mess they create with leaves and blossom we are going to uproot most of them and plant another kind of tree that we have in the back of the yard that should give us coverage with less mess. 

Thanks for stopping by ...






















No comments:

Post a Comment