Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Laith’s authors tea at school

This morning we had a wonderful time with Laith’s class. It was their “Authors Tea” morning where the children all recite one of their poems and then show us their school projects etc.

laiths reading his poem

Laith’s poem was titled “The Complaining Cat”. I thought it was about him and he was being funny but then he told me he wrote it about Shoey our cat.

I sat down with Laith and had some morning tea as we read through all of his poems. 

Then he showed me his research book. laiths research book

It was about Mountain Gorillas and it was very good. On the back cover the kids had to write something about themselves and his was very funny.

laith about the author

We talked about his food chain…

laiths food chain 

and his house …

laiths group house

and his diorama …

laiths triorama

It was a lovely morning and I was so proud of his efforts especially considering he had only been with his class since March.

Well done Laith!

No comments:

Post a Comment