Thursday, June 17, 2010

Go to Work With Daddy Day

Today is the annual “Take your Children to Work” day at Ali’s work. I promised Lujayne a new dress for the occasion. I have had the Modkid Frida pattern here for about a year (hanging head in shame) and decided it was time to give it a go. The result was this …

Lujayne Frida Dress

It came together so easy. I love her instructions it is like being spoon fed unlike Otto which are great patterns but I need to use my brain much more ;-)

The fabrics were from my stash. Some Sandi Henderson “Ginger Blossom” and “Farmers Market” with a little random polka dots thrown in.

I made a little error when I went to make the ruffle bottom so I ended up making it a straight hem instead. That is what happens when you sew late at night! Had I done the ruffle right the dress would be a little longer.

Initially I was not sure about the head Kerchief but Lujayne liked it so it stayed on. However I imagine it will be off pretty soon once she starts messing with her hair LOL.

So off they went to work ..

Lulu and Daddy off to work

This week was the first of Laith’s 2 month summer holidays. We went out and got a few puzzles for him to do which has kept him a little busy.

dino puzzle doing laith and done …

dino puzzle done laith

The trouble we have is leaving it down as “cyclone Sami” appears when you least expect it!

We were a bit ambitious and got a 500 piece 3D planets puzzle but Laith lost interest very quickly as it was “too hard”. I persisted and got it about 3/4 finished after three days and then I came into the room to find it all scattered …. SAMI!!!!!!! Ah well it went back in the box for another day.

Thanks for stopping by …

4 comments:

  1. wow...Lulu's dress looks fabulous and she looks very pretty in it...

    'Cyclone Sami'...i liked the name...have a nice summer break...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulu looks so pretty the dress turned out ever so cute i love the fabric choices!

    Oh Sami, sami i have a similiar cyclone called Dania LOL she is everywhere and into everything!

    Goodluck with the summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really sweet how you can take your kids to work day. i really like that!

    lovely dress!

    Sami!!!! bless his little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Isra, the dress looks lovely, really lovely.

    And I think laila may have forgotten to tell you that there's a cupboard full of lego and puzzzles that I've suggested may be of some use to your lad.

    Come on over :)

    ReplyDelete