Thursday, December 10, 2009

What’s News

I have neglected my blog these past weeks due to lack of energy. I am finally starting to feel a little better now and thank you for all your kinds thoughts, prayers and wishes.

First bit of news has to be about Miss Lulu. Maybe I should show you first …

lulu chickenpox Yes my dear friends, she has the Chicken Pox. Now if you ask Lujayne she will tell you (very strongly) that she DOES NOT have the Chicken Pops (as she calls them), she has Red Potatoes! It took me a while to figure this one out but basically somewhere along the line when Sami got the CP she thought he got them from eating chicken pops (???). Then when my dear friend Laila took Lulu for a playdate while I was in hospital Lulu had dinner with Noora and they thought the food in front of them was popcorn Chicken which now translates into chicken pops in her mind. But she was told it was not chicken but small round potatoes instead. So from all of this Lulu has assumed that she ate the potatoes instead of chicken and then she got sick (albeit a week later) and so she has Red Potatoes on her skin and not CP.

It is starting to look a lot like Christmas around here too. Last weekend we dragged the tree out and started to assemble it. My sister purchased the tree two years ago when she visited and opted for the largest she could find. I tell you this thing takes hours to put up … thanks Sharon!! … but I have to say it looks great when finished. Now the only problem is that the stand is no where near sturdy enough and for the past two years the tree has had a very big lean which we have tried to rectify with ropes and rocks.

This year my darling hubby went into his “shed” and came out with this frame and what do you know it now stands beautifully! My Christmas tree skirt will cover this so in the end a great result. tree stabiliser

Shooey is still recuperating. shooey I am thrilled that I no longer need to give him his evening antibiotic injections and we hope to remove his collar soon. Silly thing still wants to escape and go pick fights with the neighbourhood cats … sigh… what to do heh?

Sami has recovered well from his Chicken Pox and has only a few spots remaining. He fell asleep the other night on the bean bag and I could not resist a photo. sami sleeping bean bag I wonder what he is thinking in his sleep?

sami close up sleeping

See, hardly any spots … YAY!

Today was the first time since being home that I felt up to doing arts and crafts with kids. First we started by painting and decorating some plaster of paris stars. decorating stars Then there was some Christmas colouring / painting christmas colouring followed by a great playdough session. playdough

Here are some of the stars on the tree. stars on tree These are from my great mate Jess who sells plaster of paris molds here in Oman. I went to see her tonight as she was at a craft fair and I took a shot of her table. Jessica Molds If you are in Muscat and you are looking for a nice activity for your kids then get over to see Jess and get some molds. She has a huge variety and they are so affordable and make great gifts too. You can contact her via omanartstudio@yahoo.com.

After getting out of hospital I was still not feeling great so I went and got a second opinion. I am glad I did because he found I had an amoeba most likely from contaminated water I had at some time. The antibiotics I am taking for these really throw me around and I will be glad to finish them tomorrow. Also after sending me off for an ultra sound he discovered I have gallstones. (hmmmm such a pity that after 4 days in hospital neither of these things were picked up!). Back to see the surgeon and sadly I have to say that my gallbladder and I will be parting ways some time in the next two weeks. I feel a bit rough around the edges at the moment but I am glad that a new year will be upon us very soon.

Thanks for hanging out through this long catch up xoxoxox and of course “Thanks for stopping by …”

8 comments:

  1. Wow, so happy to hear you are feeling better and on the mend! I do hope you have a smooth surgery and quick recovery with the gallstones.

    What great crafts and activities you have done with the kiddos!

    Hope Lulu feels better soon! Red potatoes -- Hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope and pray that you will get well soon....

    is sharon at home?....say my hi to her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Clo you have been through the ringer...I hope your darling babies are feeling better and I hope you are too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness me, what a lot going on with your life. Do you have to stay in hospital when you have your gall blader out?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Gill but they assure me that all going well it is just an overnight stay as it is keyhole surgery. I had better be careful or my husband might trade me in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You asked about the header on my blog, that "forest" is on the south side of our property some one else owns it, they would love to sell it too us, but we can't afford it, and honestly we have no need for it, as all it is, is trees.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so glad that u're on the mend!! red potatoes?? lol, very cute!! hope they all get well soon and what cuties u have.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas,

    Gill in a snowy Canada

    ReplyDelete