The teachers and parents displayed foods, clothing and other items of interest to show case their home country. We went along but Lulu was not feeling the best so it was a quick "round the world" tour for us.Here is the Aussie stand...

the Omani ... (the girls are getting Henna done - tattoo on the hands or feet)
That is Lulu sitting in the front. She was eating a chocolate crackle that she picked up on the Irish Stand. When I asked the teacher (it was Laith's teacher so I could be cheeky) what was Irish about Chocolate Crackles she just laughed and said all the Irish things they wanted to make had either pork or alcohol in them so they were a no-go! I laughed....
and somehow I forgot to take a pic of the Irish table, sorry paddy folk!
This afternoon we sat outside and played bubbles. Aren't bubbles fantastic, so simply yet so much enjoyment.

A final thought. You all know I love handmade gifts. I was typing away just now and looked down at my drink sitting on my handmade coasters from my good friend Laila.
She used Farmers Market (Sandi Henderson) fabric which is one of my favourites so everyday I get to see beautiful fabrics (there are 6 and each side has a different fabric) and I am reminded that my friend took the time to make me a gift. What more can you ask for?It is the "witching hour" here so I must be off ... thanks for visiting!
LMAO about the chocolate crackles, I wonder why they didn't make soda bread though?? That stuff is sooo yummy and traditional irish.
ReplyDelete