Saturday, April 11, 2015

Upcycling Tshirts

This weekend Lulu and I undertook a new craft project. It is one I printed out instructions for last summer but we never got around to it. Lately I've noticed our "mystery holes" appearing in the t-shirts again and I knew it was time to upcycle some of them. Enter the hula hoop tshirt rug!



Basically you cut up your tshirt a into 1 inch strips which form a round band. Using those you create a weave frame and then get weaving. 



We had various techniques of holding our hoops,  Lulu's far more flexible than mine.




After the strips are cut it really only takes a couple of hours to finish the project. But of course we had a little fun along the way. As you discard the hem Lulu tied them altogether and I made her a very chic corset shirt.


We are both very happy with our rugs and we are hoping to make a class project for her teacher who is leaving this year with her class kids tshirts. 

Lulu hasn't decided yet, bathroom or bedroom. 






And I like the bathroom for mine. 



Thanks for stopping by ...


No comments:

Post a Comment