Back in October I took Lujayne to have her eyes tested. She had mentioned a few times that maybe she had trouble in the classroom with her eyes but it is harder to assess in the classroom these days because the kids work in small cluster groups and don't spend a lot of time "looking up at the board" like we use to. The kids also spend a fair bit of time on the iPads in the classroom which of course is close up.
When we went to see Dr Mohammed (Hashim's father, Hashim was in Laith's class for the past few years but left last summer) I was a little surprised when she read the chart and was missing so many of the letters. It is a complete eye test that involves apply drops every 10 mins to dilate them and let me tell you Lulu was NOT into that! An hour appointment ended up taking a few hours with a coffee recharge in-between.
Back for the second and final test.
Long story short, she needed glasses.
And she is such a good sport about it all. Mind you I still catch her reading by torchlight in bed, big sigh, the trial and tribulations I guess.
So it was the boy's turn this week.
Laith
Sami

At first I was concerned that Laith would need glasses but it turned out that he had a slight eye allergy and he will use drops now for three months. It is easy to get allergies here due to all the dust and heat. Dr Mohammed assures me after the three months he will probably see a little better even though he doesn't notice the deficiency anyway.
Sami was NOT having the drops under any circumstances and I was pretty happy that he had happily gone through the several tests that I didn't push it for the drops (internal eye test).
Laith needed to do the drops so we decided to stop next door to the clinic and have some sushi at Wasabi. This was Laith's first introduction to sushi and he was hooked! Especially the Baby Dragon Tempura it was amazing!
Now you see it
Now you don't!
Back for the final exam and we were all clear for another year. Dr Mohammed asked Laith to wear his sunglasses, so we will see how that goes.
Our eyes are so precious and we probably good eyesight for granted but this was a reminded to them to take care.
Thanks for stopping by ...














No comments:
Post a Comment