I can't believe it was a year ago that he joined our family with such a dramatic entrance.
(Sami 5 days old)
(Sami 5 days old)For all my life I will never forget being rolled back into my hospital room after my c-sect only to find my mum and Ali looking anxious, my heart stopped when I did not see my little newborn ... and I am truly grateful to God for allowing Sami to recover so well. 5 days later he was in my arms and now 365 days later he is crawling around with mummbles of dada, bye bye and whatever else my simple mind can not decipher, getting into all kinds of michief ... awwwww.
Sami's birthday was the day after we arrived back from Australia on what had to be one of the worst jounreys I have ever had (a whole other blog believe me) so I have to say that I feel some guilt over his shop bought cake and lack of imagination over his party food but judging by the looks on the kids faces they were happy enough.
MISSING IN ACTION
I have so much to blog about. We had such a wonderful couple of months in Australia and it finished on a high note as Ali came to join us for the last week. My Mum, Sister and Brother were great and I do miss them so much now. I had planned on blogging while in Oz but initially my Mum had internet issues and then when it was all sorted I was just so dog tired by the evenings that blogging was the last thing on my mind. So stay tuned and I will try and fill in the gaps.
1 already! Where does the time go? Wonderful you had a great holiday. I look forward to reading the details.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY Sami!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you all made it back safe and sound.
xx