Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lulu's Smock

And then it was Lulu's turn ... I have been meaning to make her an apron or smock to wear when she is doing arts and crafts at home. Usually pens and paint pens are only given out under strict supervision however yesterday I was "watching" the kids doing some painting and colouring when my mum nudged me on MSN so I went off for a little chat ... I am sure I don't need to finish this sentence do I?

After washing the paint off Lulu I promised that I would make a smock later that night.

This was the end result. It is a reversible smock that ties over the shoulder. It has a Winnie the Pooh print on one side and Barbie print on the other (can I just pipe in and say when I got the fabric at my favourite "fell off the back of the truck" place in Ruwi, I got it for the princess crown and slippers and then later realised it had Barbie all over it! LOL.
FRONT
BACK

I tried it on my little princess this morning and it is too snug for what should be a comfy play smock so I will make another one larger and see if I can give this one to Lola or one of the bubs of my friends.
THE REVERSE SIDE

I really like the fact that it is reversible and I think in my next one I will either embroider one side or put a pocket. Also I am thinking of doing one with PUL (water resistent fabric I use for the nappies) on one side but I have not yet figured out how to do it as you could not make the straps of PUL as they would tier nicely.

I could get hooked on aprons I think, they are nice to make and usually very much appreciated. One of my favourite blogs for "apron chat" is this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment