Sunday, April 27, 2008

Laith's Pirate Shorts

It was Laith's turn for mummy to sew him something nice ... a pair of reversible pirate shorts.
I have a favourite website at the moment called www.youcanmakethis.com which is a site where many Mumma's have made patterns you can buy online with nice step by step instructions. This one is by Nanoo Designs which in fact now that i go and search for the link I see that I got it on Etsy.com instead here. I also decided to do some embroidery on a T-Shirt to go with the shorts. I can't really remember why I thought doing it on the back was a good idea but Laith has told me in no uncertain terms (politely of course!) that in future I should put the words and pictures on the front of the shirt (Yes SIR!).

Here is a pic of the set
and this is the reverse side.


and here is "Captain Laith" in action.

Thank you Nanette for such a lovely pattern that I was able to make in about an hour (if you take out the little people interruptions).

Laith was so thrilled with these shorts and his shirt that I was the proudest Mumma that day.

I also did some appliqué on a Onesie for Sami to match his shorts but I have yet to take a picture.

Lulu's turn next ...

No comments:

Post a Comment