Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Happy Canada Day

Today is CANADA DAY - woo hoo. I headed off to Queens Park to join in the outdoor festivities. It was a great place for kids with lots and lots of activities.


The Pan Am games are starting in a weeks time and the city is gearing up towards welcoming all the visitors and athletes. I thought this was kind of cute...


I really liked the chalk area which was a big hit with the kids too. 

I headed up college street on the street car and hoped to get High Park but I thought I was lost and got off the car two stops too early (I later discovered when looking at the map). But it didn't matter as I headed back on the street car and got off in Little Italy and found a lovely little place to have some lunch and watch the world go by. Cafe Diplomatico was a smallish family run italian restaurant that was buzzing with people.


On the way home I found just behind my hotel a Bulk Barn. A first for me and I was super impressed. It hurts to see things like Chia Seeds so cheap here when you need to take out a loan to get them in Muscat. I got a nice goodie bag of dried fruits, nuts and a few sweeties too.


It has been easy to navigate the TTC transport system with the subway, buses and street cars.


Thanks for stopping by ...





No comments:

Post a Comment