After the epic shopping trip yesterday I promised the kids a chill day and a visit to somewhere they would enjoy.
The answer to that was the Ontario Science Centre.
Located about 20 minutes out of town we got a taxi and our driver was a lovely guy who was originally born in Saudi but seemed to have lived all over the world growing up. He now lives in Toronto with his six children and we enjoyed hearing about his family.
The special exhibition was Mythbusters and given that we have watched a lot of episodes it was lots of fun to explore.
This was an experiment to see if it is a myth that
"if you run through rain you don't get as wet as if you walk"
The other areas of the centre were totally hands on and every section held their interest to the point that I needed to move them on so that we could finish the centre and still watch the Omnimax feature.
This one fascinated Laith and I because it takes a picture of you and the water beads create your picture on the water wall.
Sami making a tornado
We then saw a film in the OmniMax theatre called under the sea. It was amazing and we all had our mouths open in awe. I do have to say that I jumped a few times out of fright, more so than the kids.
Finally it was time to head back to the hotel and get packing so we can head up to Parry Sound tomorrow in preparation for Camp Kodiak.
Thanks for stopping by ...












No comments:
Post a Comment